The Woodstock Film Festival is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization with a mission to present an annual program and year-round schedule of film, music and art-related activities that promotes artists, culture, inspired learning and diversity.
Founded in 2000, the Woodstock Film Festival premieres exceptional films; panels and performances; hosts emerging and established filmmakers from around the world and creates stimulating, innovative year-round events. This comprehensive programming could not happen without the support of foundation grants, sponsorships and private contributions.
For more details and a list a participants over the years, visit ABOUT US
Staff members work tirelessly year round on big jobs and the bills are equally big. Our success is linked to your generous support. Here is your chance to help. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN PLEA
Thanks to all the donors who helped us reach our goal to raise MATCHING FUNDS for our 2018 NYSCA facilities grant.
Beginning in January of 2018, we will start renovating the top floor of the film center. Work will include:
- Demo and renovation of 2 office spaces & bathroom
- Electric upgrades
- 5 new windows
- Installation of spray foam insulation under roof line
THE FILM CENTER has been invaluable in making the film festival and the film commission more easily accessible to the community. In addition to providing administrative offices and a souvenir / box office storefront, we now regularly hold meetings, workshops, casting calls, and more to advance film exhibition and production in the region.
The property was purchased in January 2011. The site was originally home to Heckeroth Plumbing & Electric, where the iconic film legend Lee Marvin once worked as an apprentice plumber. Since 2011, countless improvements have been made to transform the property into a FILM CENTER.
Thanks to generous contributors and sweat equity, we have accomplished many of our goals.
- The damaged roof was fixed and shingles were replaced.
- A dingy old storeroom was transformed into a beautiful conference room and office.
- Thanks to Markertek, a garage that was attached to the main building was transformed into an employee entrance and office space that doubles as a small screening room.
- Electric and plumbing were brought up to code.
- Hardwood floors were refinished and interior walls painted.
- A french drain was put in to stop water damage.
- The exterior porch was transformed into a fully functional, multi purpose room.
- The heating system was replaced.
- And more...